The Mid-Atlantic AgrAbility Project was created to assist people with disabilities employed in agriculture. As a partner in this project, Goodwill provides services to farmers who are faced with health issues such as amputation, arthritis, chronic back pain, hearing and visual impairment, head injuries, respiratory problems, stress and other disabling conditions. The goal is to inform, educate and assist farmers, poultrymen, watermen and loggers so that they can continue to lead successful careers in agriculture and to contribute to their families, communities and nation.
Modern technology CAN make it possible for a farmer with a physical limitation or health condition to stay on the farm and keep working.
Goodwill’s AgrAbility services include:
- Providing assistive technology.
- Consultations to assess agricultural work sites and tasks.
- Expert advice on equipment modifications, home modifications and adaptive equipment.
- Loaning modified equipment.
- Identifying funding resources for modifications.
- Providing peer support.
- Information and referral.
For more information, please contact Goodwill’s Mission Services Manager Jeffrey Shisler at 856-439-0200, ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the AgrAbility Project, please visit www.Mid-AtlanticAgrAbility.com.